[wildfly-dev] clarification on why Wildfly versions are increasing so quickly

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 10:30:57 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm not affiliated with JBoss or Red Hat, just a user and therefor not
able to give any "official answer", but as a mere user I'm not
bothered much by this. WildFly versions are just milestones on the
road to the next EAP version anyway.

So whether you have {EAP 6, m1, m2, m3, m4, EAP 7}, or {EAP 6, wf8,
wf9, wf10, EAP 7} doesn't make a lot of difference to me.

>From another point of view, Chrome has been been updating major
versions for every small thing for a long time now, where before
browsers used to be on some major version like forever and incremented
minor. It doesn't mean Chrome is making larger leaps, it's just a
numbering for which no universal rules have really been set.

E.g. Vendor X's version 10.12.Alpha-1.a.3 may be comparable to
Vendor's Y version 0.53. Hard to compare.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms