[wildfly-dev] Bring back jboss-admin.sh

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Thu May 7 06:16:33 EDT 2015

Before it was called jboss-cli,sh the script was called jboss-admin.sh
IMO the latter was always a more obvious name for users to call but as
it was only a CLI the name was changed.  Then we added a GUI mode.

I would think we could then add more to it: -
  - Give our admin tool the ability to start jconsole.
  - Add the user maintenance and SSL maintenance features to it.
  - Give it the ability to start your web browser for the admin console?

For the latter I wonder if we could benefit from the tool having a
connection to the server, maybe make use of KeyCloak to obtain an SSO
token that is included in the URL to start the browser and we could
possibly achieve a form of local auth for web.

Not sure what other thoughts are but these are just a couple of points
on my mind.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.