[wildfly-dev] Model attributes and default values

Alessio Soldano asoldano at redhat.com
Fri May 29 10:02:51 EDT 2015

Hi,
QA has been testing various value transitions on the attributes in the
webservices subsystem of the model and found something unexpected for
attributes with default values. I had a look and found that when running
the following commands:

/subsystem=webservices:undefine-attribute(name=modify-wsdl-address)
reload
/subsystem=webservices:undefine-attribute(name=modify-wsdl-address)

for the last command the
WSServerConfigAttributeHandler#applyUpdateToRuntime method is passed
true as resolvedValue and undefined as currentValue. The resolvedValue
being true is because of the default value for that attribute being
true, but is it correct to get undefined as currentValue in that case?
Do I have to manually figure out there's a default value for the
attribute and hence decide nothing was changed if currentValue is
undefined and resolvedValue equals default value... or is there's a
specific way to deal with this scenario?

Thanks
Alessio

--
Alessio Soldano