[wildfly-dev] Set descriptor property replacement setting in jboss-web.xml?

arjan tijms arjan.tijms at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 09:49:11 EDT 2016

Hi,

I wouldn't expect in this case that jboss-web.xml /
jboss-deployment-structure.xml / jboss-all.xml /...  get parsed
differently, just the actual spec descriptors like web.xml, persistence.xml
etc.

The most common use case for this is a couple of context-params in web.xml,
e.g.

<context-param>
   <param-name>javax.faces.FACELETS_REFRESH_PERIOD</param-name>
   <param-value>${facelets.refresh:-1}</param-value>
</context-param>

<context-param>
   <param-name>javax.faces.PROJECT_STAGE</param-name>
   <param-value>${project.stage:Production}</param-value>
</context-param>

And a couple of properties in persistence.xml, e.g.

<property name="hibernate.show_sql" value="${hibernate.show.sql:false}" />
<property name="hibernate.format_sql" value="${hibernate.format.sql:false}"
/>
<property name="hibernate.use_sql_comments"
value="${hibernate.comment.sql:true}" />

There are a few more things depending on the project, but this is what
nearly every one of them uses.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms