[wildfly-dev] Hacking on a fix for the JPA/CDI (WFLY-2387) injection problem but now hit a new maven cycle between wildfly-jpa + wildfly-weld when WeldPortableExtensions is used from wildfly-jpa...

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 08:49:50 EDT 2016

If I have the WildFly JPA subsystem depend on org.jboss.as.weld
(org.jboss.as.weld static module), that introduces a cycle that maven
complains about [1], since wildfly-weld depends on wildfly-jpa already.

I pushed my test branch to github [2], which builds on the proposed
upgrade to use Hibernate ORM 5.1 in WF 11.

Should we switch to use the "Capabilities" hammer to expose the
org.jboss.as.weld.deployment.WeldPortableExtensions class that the JPA
subsystem needs access to?  Or should we work around this minor
difficulty by exposing WeldPortableExtensions via an additional module
that the wildfly-jpa can access?

Scott

[1] The projects in the reactor contain a cyclic reference:

Edge between
'Vertex{label='org.wildfly:wildfly-weld:11.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT  '}' and
'Vertex{label='org.wildfly:wildfly-jpa:11.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT'}'
introduces to cycle in the graph
org.wildfly:wildfly-jpa:11.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT -->
org.wildfly:wildfly-weld:11.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT -->
org.wildfly:wildfly-jpa:11.0.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT

[2]
https://github.com/scottmarlow/wildfly/tree/WFLY-2387_ORM51_CDI_INJECTION

[3]
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Working+with+WildFly+Capabilities