[wildfly-dev] Hibernate & Spring Boot on WildFly

Scott Marlow smarlow at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 21:49:56 EDT 2016

On 06/20/2016 06:45 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> On 20 June 2016 at 17:44, Tomaž Cerar <tomaz.cerar at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at hibernate.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Beyond helping the specific question, do we have a general set of
>>> tests or recommendations - maybe some example template - for Spring
>>> Boot users on WildFly?
>>

>> I would say that if users want to go spring full way, aka make spring mange
>> hibernate/jpa stuff
>> they should disable jpa subsystem all together as it will make it easier for
>> them.
>
> Right I would suggest the same, but how can one disable it?
> The only options I know of to control Jipijapa are read from the
> `persistence.xml` resource file, which is missing in these cases as
> the Persistence Unit will typically be configured via some alternative
> strategy. The irony ;)

You can also set jboss.as.jpa.managed=false in the persistence unit,
which avoids the EE bootstrapping of the persistence unit.

I'm not sure if
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY10/Spring+applications+development+and+migration+guide
is up to date but that mentions using jpa-persistence.xml instead of
persistence.xml (via Spring LocalContainerEntityManagerFactoryBean
settings).