[wildfly-dev] adding several more NoSQL specific connection attributes and sucking less in MongoDriverSubsystemAdd.performBoottime/CassandraDriverSubsystemAdd.performBoottime

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri May 27 09:33:13 EDT 2016

Can a new profile be added post-boot without requiring a reload to take
effect? If yes, the add handler for the profile resource should do the
service installation for that profile. It shouldn't count on the parent
to do it, as the parent logic will only execute during boot.

BTW, if post-boot profile adds/removes don't require reload, then [1]
should not be inside the "if
(mongoSubsystem.hasDefined(CommonAttributes.PROFILE)) {" block? Same
question applies for the cassandra add handler.

[1]
https://github.com/scottmarlow/wildfly/blob/nosql-dev9/nosql/mongodb/src/main/java/org/wildfly/extension/nosql/subsystem/mongodb/MongoDriverSubsystemAdd.java#L124

On 5/26/16 3:02 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We will soon add several (nested) NoSQL configuration settings.  Before
> we do that, I would like some feedback on the current NoSQL subsystem
> code that reads connection settings.
>
> Any major corrections that you can suggest for the NoSQL subsystem code
> [1][2]?  Especially, the
> MongoDriverSubsystemAdd.performBoottime/CassandraDriverSubsystemAdd.performBoottime
> methods.
>
> Should we continue to read all of the configuration settings from one
> AddStepHandler or should we do that differently (perhaps with separate
> AbstractAddStepHandler's)?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> [1]