[wildfly-dev] JDK 9 EA Build 151 is available on java.net

Rory O'Donnell rory.odonnell at oracle.com
Tue Jan 10 05:20:13 EST 2017

Hi Jason/Tomaz,

Best wishes for the New Year.

Dalibor and I will be at FOSDEM '17, Brussels 4 & 5 February. Let us
know if you will be there, hopefully we can meet up !

*JDK 9 Early Access* b151 <https://jdk9.java.net/download/>  is
available on java.net

There have been a number of fixes to bugs reported by Open Source
projects since the last availability email  :

  * JDK-8171377 : Add sun.misc.Unsafe::invokeCleaner
  * JDK-8075793 : Source incompatibility for inference using -source 7
  * JDK-8087303  : LSSerializer pretty print does not work anymore
  * JDK-8167143 :CLDR timezone parsing does not work for all locales

Other changes that maybe of interest:

  * JDK-8066474 : Remove the lib/$ARCH directory from Linux and Solaris
    images
  * JDK-8170428 : Move src.zip to JDK/lib/src.zip

*JEPs intergrated:*

  * JEP 295 <http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/295>: Ahead-of-Time
    Compilation has been integrated in b150.

*Schedule - Milestones since last availability email *

  * *Feature Extension Complete 22nd of December 2016*
  * *Rampdown Started 5th of January 2017
    *
      o Phases in which increasing levels of scrutiny are applied to
        incoming changes.
      o In phase 1, only P1-P3 bugs can be fixed. In phase 2 only
        showstopper bugs can be fixed.

Rgds,Rory

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell