[wildfly-dev] Updating WildFly instance with the Provisioning Tool

Scott Stark sstark at redhat.com
Mon Oct 2 19:51:57 EDT 2017

Interesting.

It brings up a discussion point I have been meaning to raise across the
Wildfly and Wildfly-Swarm teams regarding tools for the step before this
assembly step of feature-packs and fractions into a distributable archive.

The issue I have seen is that when authoring a feature-pack or fraction, it
is difficult to know how to configure the module dependencies. One is often
starting with GAV dependencies from a spec, and it is difficult to know how
those map onto modules in existing feature-packs for fractions. Do we have
any tooling in this area to make this task not a trial and error effort?