[wildfly-dev] problems with the Elytron permission-mapping config model

Farah Juma fjuma at redhat.com
Fri Mar 23 13:20:58 EDT 2018

A solution to part of the problem mentioned in WFCORE-3596 that was
discussed is to introduce the concept of named permission sets. In
particular, instead of having a permission-mapping reference permissions,
it would instead reference named permission-sets. This would allow the
provisioning tool to be able to add/remove permissions to/from a default
permission-set based on the presence/absence of a specific subsystem when
generating the default configuration. However, as Alexey pointed out, this
doesn't solve the problem of knowing which permission-mapping a
permission-set should be added to when attempting to preserve user
configuration changes for patching, version updates, etc.

Thanks,
Farah