Yeah. I've been meaning to check out that serialized thing for a while. Regarding the formatting. Sounds like something we should fix. Proposals welcome!

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Ryan Bradley <rbradley@redhat.com> wrote:
I get the same ugliness in Linux as well (using 64-bit Fedora 15). Also, by implementing 'java.io.Serializable' instead of just 'Serializable', it means that the 'import java.io.Serializable' causes a warning, which should be very easy to avoid.


On 03/20/2012 06:31 AM, Koen Aers wrote:
Hi Ivan,

The same ugliness can be admired also on OSX
But I believe I saw an issue for it.

Cheers,
Koen

Op 20-mrt.-2012, om 10:23 heeft Ivan St. Ivanov het volgende geschreven:

Hi!

My opinion on this (unfortunately didn't have the time to express it in the other thread):

OK, we'll fix the test. But thus we'll just close our eyes. Here is why.

An entity generated by Forge looks on Windows like this:

package com.test.entity;
// Some imports go here
// below is the last import, and not only
import java.lang.Override;@Entity public class Employee implements java.io.Serializable {

Do you see how everything is on one line? It's ugly. And I believe that this happens just on Windows.And I think that the test makes sure that this is avoided.

So if we "fix" the test to just pass, we'll keep living with this.

Regards,
Ivan


On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III <lincolnbaxter@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, we should definitely resolve this. I think by fixing the test case.


On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Ivan St. Ivanov <ivan.st.ivanov@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Koen,

You are not alone. :-(


Do you have the same problem?

Regards,
Ivan

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Koen Aers <koen.aers@gmail.com> wrote:
Some of you probably think: 'Here we go again' ;-)

While working on FORGE-489 I had to extensively test on Windows as I had to modify the startup scripts. I tested on Windows XP and Windows 7 and found that, while Forge builds fine if the tests are skipped, doing 'mvn clean install' fails while running the tests for the Parser/Java module in both cases. Is this a known issue that I somehow missed?

I also encountered some glitches while running on both those platforms. I found that tab completion not always seems to work and that commands sometimes are echoed. Anyone has the same experiences?

Unless somebody tells me that I've overlooked something, I will file the JIRA's with some more details tomorrow...

Cheers,
Koen
_______________________________________________
forge-dev mailing list
forge-dev@lists.jboss.org
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-dev


_______________________________________________
forge-dev mailing list
forge-dev@lists.jboss.org
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-dev




--
Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."

_______________________________________________
forge-dev mailing list
forge-dev@lists.jboss.org
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-dev


_______________________________________________
forge-dev mailing list
forge-dev@lists.jboss.org
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-dev



_______________________________________________
forge-dev mailing list
forge-dev@lists.jboss.org
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-dev


_______________________________________________
forge-dev mailing list
forge-dev@lists.jboss.org
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/forge-dev




--
Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.org
"Simpler is better."