[aerogear-dev] [UPS] What should the Top 3 Most Active Variants shows ?

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 08:01:49 EDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 1:52 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
wrote:

> So the questions are, I think:
>
> 1) what does 'active' mean?
> * total activity
> * or recent activity
>
> Having [1] in mind, I *think* the three most recent active variants makes
> sense
>
> 2) what number do we provide for that variant:
> a) number of receivers/active tokens that received the last Push message
> b) total number of all receivers, in history
> c) number of total push messages, per variant
>

> Here, I *think* that b) does not make sense, having [1] in mind. I think
> presenting a) or c) as the number on that "three recent active" variants is
> a nice info.

Ok , but imagine this we have 4 variants, A,B,C,D.
They all sent the same messages within the same hour , starting with :
 A sends 5000 messages
 B  sends 100 messages
 C sends 15 messages
D sends 50 messages

The top 3 recent active are B,C and D , it's a bit a pita A do not show up,
since it was really the more active.
Shall we define active within a period (24 hours ? ) ?

Sebi