[aerogear-dev] AeroGear project structure and the website

Jay Balunas tech4j at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 09:16:38 EST 2014

On Feb 20, 2014, at 12:06 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> Hylke amazing work, I can’t wait to see it in production.

+1 Hylke - good stuff, and a lot to get through!

> --
> abstractj
>
> On February 20, 2014 at 11:06:34 AM, Hylke Bons (hbons at redhat.com) wrote:
>>
>> TL;DR: The most important questions that we need to answer are
>> these:
>> - "If I download a library on one platform, what must I download
>> to use
>> the same features on an other platform?"

I like this approach.  I'd rather be feature driven than library driven.  I think most yours will be looking for what we can do for them before looking at what native libs we provide.

Lets get this breakdown together for Hylke - using the eitherpad or a gist seems the best approach here.

>> -"Is this a part I use on the client, or on the server side?”
>
> Not sure if I understood your question correctly, but to get the full solution, you need to download both

I think he means for each feature is there a client and a server part and if so how do we offer them.  Then we can get the info and links for the solution in one place.  Hylke - is that it or something else?

>> -"What do we mean when talking about different AeroGear
>> subprojects/modules?”
>
> By subprojects I understand as exactly like you did at https://raw2.github.com/hbons/aerogear-design/master/website-restructure/aerogear-modules.png.
>

>> One solution might be:
>> https://raw2.github.com/hbons/aerogear-design/master/website-restructure/aerogear-modules.png
>> I've made a lot of assumptions here, and it might not work, but
>> I'd like
>> to hear your thoughts on it.
>>
>> It would clarify a lot if we could harmonise the different downloads
>> across platforms, either by providing single download solutions
>> or
>> splitting everything up and naming all the parts consistently.
>> I'm
>> interested in what the technical issues might be, as I wasn't
>> around
>> when most of these decisions were made, or I simply missed them.
>>
>> Thoughts or other ideas? :)
>
> I don’t have any idea, because I liked the way how it was organized. No disagreement here.

+1 keep up the good work!