[aerogear-dev] Aerogear Feature Request - Auto Increment Badge

keithdmoore94 keith at kdmooreconsulting.com
Wed Jul 16 13:05:22 EDT 2014

Currently, the cordova push plugin sets the badge number to zero which clears
out the notifications upon launching the app.

What I am saying is that I would like for the badge number to be incremented
as the notification center receives the notification, not the mobile device
app.

So in my server side application, I would like to be able to set the badge
number in the java push client to "increment" and then have the Aerogear
Push Server keep track of the badge number and increment it every time a
push notification is sent.

In the mobile app, I can always call the method to decrement the badge
number upon receiving the notification.  Or even better would be to have the
aerogear cordova plugin do that for me when it sends the notification.

Should I open a feature request for this in Jira ?