[aerogear-dev] SimplePush sync with MOz

Lucas Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 10:10:52 EDT 2014

so this sort of relates to this thread here:

http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-Differences-between-Firefox-OS-quot-native-quot-Push-lib-and-AeroGear-s-Push-adapter-td6195.html

from https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Simple_Push_API#Add_the_push_message_handler
Moz example

window.navigator.mozSetMessageHandler('push', function(e) {
    console.log('My endpoint is ' + e.pushEndpoint);
    console.log('My new version is ' +  e.version);
    //Remember that you can handle here if you have more than
    //one pushEndpoint
    if (e.pushEndpoint === emailEndpoint) {
        emailHandler(e.version);
    } else if (e.pushEndpoint === imEndpoint) {
        imHandler(e.version);
    }
});
The notification that they send back includes the pushEndpoint and the version

Currently, when we do navigator.push.register() the result we send back is an object that includes the pushEndpoint, this is actually changing to be more in line with Mozilla. Instead of the object being sent back, we will send back the pushEndpoint as a String. <--- is a super easy change that sebi already did, just need to re-merge it back in

but in our message handler, our notification that is sent back includes the channelId and version

I believe the server should now be sending the pushEndpoint in the notification instead.

I'd do it myself, but you know, it's java