[aerogear-dev] AS/WF Modules location - proposing change

Karel Piwko kpiwko at redhat.com
Fri May 9 07:39:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

I've come across this document -
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/LayeredDistributionsAndModulePathOrganization.
It explains how WF/EAP (since EAP 6.1.0) modules are organized.

Based on document, I believe we should change our tutorials and ask users to
install modules to:

${modules.basedir}/system/add-ons/aerogear
${modules.basedir}/system/add-ons/dbs

That would keep base clean, allowing easier update of underlying container
and also it will let us use the patching mechanism for our code, e.g:

${modules.basedir}/system/add-ons/aerogear/patches/security-fix-1

Thoughts? Note, add-on names were randomly generated.

Thanks,

Karel