[Aerogear-users] Registering and unregistering from Simple Push and Unified Push

mo michi.oshima at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:30:07 EDT 2015

Hi,

We use  OpenShift AeroGear Push Server Cartridge
<https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push>  .

I've decided to register with simple-push and unified-push every time the
user logs into our application.  Also to unregister from both unified-push
and simple-push when they log out or browser closes.  Is this a good idea or
bad idea?

Also, I've always wondered about the following comment in a sample code:

"if it is the first registration, need to register the 'pushEndpoint' with
the UnifiedPush server."
<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-js-cookbook/blob/master/simplepush-unifiedpush-example/js/unifiedpush.js#L27-L28>

Can somebody explain what is meant by the comment?  For example, what would
count as a registration that's not the first?

Thank you.