[Aerogear-users] Deleting the installation and categories

mo michi.oshima at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:45:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

We use  OpenShift AeroGear Push Server Cartridge
<https://github.com/aerogear/openshift-origin-cartridge-aerogear-push>  .

I was instructed to delete existing installations and their categories.
What exactly do I need to do?  Would I simply truncate some DB tables?  If
so, which ones?

I believe deleting installations and categories is something I should do
periodically.  What do you think?  I'm thinking server cannot rely on
clients to unregister their installations.  Therefore stale installations
would accumulate over time on the server.  Am I over-thinking this?

Would there be anything to be periodically cleaned out on the side of
simple-push server?

Thanks.