[Aerogear-users] Testing push in Cordova

Anton Hughes kurrent93 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:10:23 EST 2016

Thanks Rob
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 12:59 PM, Rob Willett <
rob.aerogear at robertwillett.com> wrote:

> Unclear as to why deploying to a real device is such a problem, we
> develop on iPhone and Android using Cordova and even though I like the
> iPhone, the development and debugging tools on a real Android device are
> excellent and fast. When we have a real problem, we tend to ignore Xcode
> and Safari and the iPhone and debug it on a real Android device. We
> don’t have any real issues, though we always want things to be
> quicker.

Its a problem for me as I dont have a cell phone - seriously.
But, it just sounds odd, to have to deploy and install on a new piece of
hardware each time you want to test. My usual workflow would be to develop
locally, then when things are working, then deploy.

And, for now, I am just doing a proof of concept - my goal is just to prove
that it is possible to send a push notification from UPS to android using
cordova. I'm surprised at how complicated it is. But I suppose my confusion
and frustration is simply because I am new to this style of developing.