[Aerogear-users] Trying to get it to work

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Mar 15 11:03:25 EDT 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 3:57 PM, Christopher Fahey <chris at dealerrewards.net>
wrote:

> The documentation is a little disorganized.  Getting to them was not
> straight forward.  Additionally, some of the steps are in one document but
> not the others even though all of them cover installation of the software
> which makes it easy to miss something.

we are happy to improve this. Can you provide us JIRA ticket (on AGPUSH),
with some more details?

> I missed installing the plugin since it was in one of the documents that I
> followed through to the end and then discovered the other document when it
> wasn't running while troubleshooting.
>
> I would like browser support for the plugin

Can you file a different JIRA for this? On
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGCORDOVA ?

> but I am not sure I understand what your pull request is.

A pull request is a fix, provided via github. We are happy to accept those
for any improvments or fixes (e.g. support for cordova-browser)

> [...]
>> contents to anyone.
>> DISCLAIMER: Since 2006, the U.S. Government has been monitoring all
>> internet communications. If you have information that you do not wish to
>> have monitored, please send it using regular postal services to the address
>> listed on our website.
>> ------------------------------
>> On 3/14/2016 4:07 AM, Erik Jan de Wit wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christopher,
>>
>> Sorry to hear that you are having problems, but I'm sure we can get you
>> up and running. You don't need the cordova-pushplugin, the
>> aerogear-push-plugin does the same things but better ;) At the moment we
>> don't support the browser platform ( although we could ) The best way to
>> test it is on an actual device or using the windows platform. Which
>> documentation are you following? Because we want to be sure we mention all
>> these things.
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Christopher Fahey <
>> <chris at dealerrewards.net>chris at dealerrewards.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have been slowly progressing through the installation and have finally
>>> managed to get the server running.  Of course the goal is to add push
>>> notification to an existing mobile app that I have built using Javascript
>>> and Cordova.  Then I have added all of the plugins that I could find into
>>> Cordova including the aerogear plugin and the cordova-plugin-pushplugin.
>>> The problem I am having is that when I run the mobile app in cordova using
>>> "cordova run browser" the Push is created and before it even registers
>>> itself, it receives an error "Missing Command Error".  I have traced the
>>> call that fails to aerogear-push.js line 46:
>>>
>>> channel.onCordovaReady.subscribe(function() {
>>>     exec(notify, undefined, 'PushPlugin', 'messageChannel', []);
>>> });
>>>
>>> This takes it into cordova.js where it tries to pull up the PushPlugin
>>> from the CommandProxyMap but it hasn't been registered.  I cannot think of
>>> what else to look for.  I have been over the instructions backwards and
>>> forwards but no luck.    Any suggestions on what plugin I might be
>>> missing?  I
>>> --
>>>

>>> Christopher Fahey
>>> DealerRewards, Inc.
>>> Maryland Branch Office
>>> (410) 924-3185 <%28410%29%20924-3185>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> This electronic message transmission contains information from
>>> DealerRewards Inc. This message is confidential. It may also be privileged
>>> or otherwise protected by work-product immunity or other legal rules. If
>>> you have received it by mistake, please let us know by email reply and
>>> delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its
>>> contents to anyone.
>>> DISCLAIMER: Since 2006, the U.S. Government has been monitoring all
>>> internet communications. If you have information that you do not wish to
>>> have monitored, please send it using regular postal services to the address

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf