[Aerogear-users] detect if an installation exists for a specified alias

tomf67 taram67 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 17:00:50 EST 2017

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. To explain more clearly my use case : my company
has an existing system emitting email or SMS to customers triggered by some
server side events. Now the idea is to add push notifications to this system
through rest api calls, and make it the preferred channel of communication.
Of course, as not all the customers have a smartphone, the system must
decide for each customer if it must send a push, or go with the other
channels.

Ideally i don't want to keep the knowledge of the customer having a mobile
app in my system, and i'd rather:
- ask aerogear before calling the api to send a push
- or let aerogear tell me when i send a push if there are receivers or not

Now it's the ideas that crossed my minds, but perhaps i have it wrong ...

regards,