[Apiman-user] Any expiry settings for Clients ?

Ashish Patel ashish.patel at futuregroup.in
Thu Aug 10 05:18:05 EDT 2017

Hi,

We recently faced a strange issue on our APIman setup (QA/UAT environment so far). Suddenly one by one (not all APIs yet) API Clients are complaining that they are getting below exception. Here, none of the Client details (register / unregister) changed under APIManUI and even though below exception. The fix we applied selectively is, break any one API from client and add the same again through "New Contract" -> it will enable the "Re-Register" button -> click it and issue is resolved. This leads me to think, is there any Client API expiry settings - after which we have to re-register the client ? OR am I missing something here ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

App Server: Wildfly 10.0.0-Final
APIMan: 1.2.7.Final
OS: Ubuntu

Exception:

[apiResponse] => Array
        (
            [responseCode] => 500
            [message] => No client found for API Key 9c561c16-e866-44fe-b5d6-c11c5629f0d6
            [trace] => io.apiman.gateway.engine.beans.exceptions.InvalidContractException: No client found for API Key 9c561c16-e866-44fe-b5d6-c11c5629f0d6
    at io.apiman.gateway.engine.es.CachingESRegistry.getContract(CachingESRegistry.java:78)
    at io.apiman.gateway.engine.impl.SecureRegistryWrapper.getContract(SecureRegistryWrapper.java:154)
    at io.apiman.gateway.engine.impl.ApiRequestExecutorImpl.execute(ApiRequestExecutorImpl.java:357)
    at io.apiman.gateway.platforms.servlet.GatewayServlet.doAction(GatewayServlet.java:179)
    at io.apiman.gateway.platforms.servlet.GatewayServlet.service(GatewayServlet.java:79)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
    at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletHandler.handleRequest(ServletHandler.java:85)
    at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.security.ServletSecurityRoleHandler.handleRequest(ServletSecurityRoleHandler.java:62)
    at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletDispatchingHandler.handleRequest(ServletDispatchingHandler.java:36)

Thanks & Regards,
Ashish Patel