[cdi-dev] CDI 1.1 EDR1 posted :-)

Mark Struberg struberg at yahoo.de
Fri Oct 14 05:22:21 EDT 2011

a.)+1 UEL is nowadays not exclusively bound to JSF nor JSP anymore.

And we must be careful with 'Servlets' and 'Servlet Specification'

We all here know that JSF and JSP are also only 'Servlets' (as Wicket and Seam2 are, etc), but most people think about 'Servlets' only as their self-written stuff and often forget about the DefaultServlet and FacersSerlet also being Servlets of course.

So we might go even further with the formulation?

1.2.6. Relationship to Servlet based Frameworks like JSF and JSP
This
 specification allows any bean to be assigned a Unified-EL name. Thus,
any technology that uses Unified EL - like JavaServerFaces or JavaServerPages - can
use beans managed by CDI.

The only part of CDI which is atm really bound to JSF is the @ConversationScoped. This needs some rework I guess.

b.) CDI and EJB
I think the old wording was a tribute to some political facts back then when the spec evolved.

The option to make CDI also applicable for SE also was long time 'prohibited' ;)
I think we got past this point since CDI-1.0 was a huge success so far.

It's now clear that not EJB but parts which got extracted from EJB are really important. Do we already have an explicit wording that any CDI container need to fully implement the interceptors-spec which is 'part' of the EJB-3.1 JSR?

LieGrue,
strub