[cdi-dev] Inconsistent specialization

Rick Hightower richardhightower at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:32:22 EDT 2011

*5.1.3. Inconsistent specialization*

Suppose an enabled bean X specializes a second bean Y. If there is another
enabled bean that specializes Y we say that *in- consistent
specialization *exists.
The container automatically detects inconsistent specialization and treats
it as a deploy- ment problem.

So it is trying to say.
Two enabled beans cannot specialize the same bean or the CDI container
throws a DefinitionException.

Every sentence that has if X does this to Y and then Z comes over to the
side and does this can almost always be rewritten to a sentence that is more
clear and much more terse. I would either add the more clear and more terse
sentence first with the long drawn out example or just have the clear terse
sentence.

Anyway... low priority. Give some book author some revenue stream for
explaining the spec.

--
*Rick Hightower*
(415) 968-9037