[cdi-dev] More about SE/EE splitting

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 11:08:36 EDT 2015

> On 15 Apr 2015, at 13:31, Antoine Sabot-Durand <antoine at sabot-durand.net> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Rethinking of this task and reading the feedback on this, I really think we should go step by step on this splitting.
>
> What I have produced here is a full extraction of EJB in the spec to put it in EE part.

Yes, this is a great start.

> There are still Java EE references in core with EL, JSF, Servlet.

I’m least worried about EL, most about JSF and Serlet.

> The more problematic part is the Contexts chapter: hard to remove servlet ref without rewriting all...
>
> And yes, I did some rewording that could be no very nice.
>
> In some places I replaces "Managed Beans or Session Beans" by the generic term "bean”.

This is definitely not ok, as you expanded the scope of the sentence to include built-in beans, producer methods, producer fields, and custom beans. I would suggest providing list of these changes, so we can review each one.

> Java EE component was replaced by component (yes, I'm not sure it is very meaningful)

I also think this is problematic. A Java EE component is a specific thing. I would suggest providing list of these changes, so we can review each one.

> In the EE part, I added changed all "session bean" occurrences by "EJB session bean”.

Ok, I don’t think this is a problem.

> The step I see are:
>
> 0) Validate that we're all ok with the principle of splitting
> 1) validate that all EJB references are removed from core
> 2) Correct bad terminology that I introduced
>
> And then we should continue the splitting by rewriting the contexts chapter and EL references in Core.

+1