[cdi-dev] JMS 2.1: Proposal to allow any CDI managed bean in a Java EE application to listen for JMS messages

Nigel Deakin nigel.deakin at oracle.com
Mon Aug 24 12:30:10 EDT 2015

Over in the JMS 2.1 expert group I've just published some proposals to allow any CDI managed bean in a Java EE
application to listen for JMS messages. This would be implemented as a standard CDI portable extension and would become
a mandatory part of a full Java EE 8 application server.

I would welcome any comments from the CDI spec experts here. If you're interested in helping, please take a look at
https://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/CDIBeansAsJMSListeners
and send comments or questions to me or to the public users at jms-spec.java.net alias.

Thanks,

Nigel