[cdi-dev] Time to start working on CDI lite

Antonio Goncalves antonio.goncalves at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 09:40:29 EDT 2015

@John, I'm not mentioning any runtime here.

In Java EE, the "fatter" JSR 330 will get executed in a Java EE container,
as usual, no need extra runtime. On the other end, when I use WidlFly Swarm
to build some tiny services and I need basic injection, I need the full
CDI. What I'm saying is, with a fatter 330, Java SE will have basic
injection, but also Java EE. I know modularity is not in the EE roadmap for
now, but it will be. When it's the case, you will be able to say "I want a
Java EE app with basic injection" (and you will only get the 330 module) or
"I want the full thing" (and will get CDI, which depends on the fatter 330)

Antonio