[cdi-dev] Time to start working on CDI lite

Romain Manni-Bucau rmannibucau at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 09:44:58 EDT 2015

> Personally, I'm not in favor of a slimmed down runtime.  It was tried with
> EJB, but never implemented properly (most implementations that support
> EJB-lite actually support the entire thing, except for deprecated stuff).

+1, most of CDI is basic and quickly any light version will miss events or
other thing - in particular in maintaining micro services from experience.
Size of an implementation can easily be < 1M so not sure it would bring
anything. Only important point is what Antoine started to do ie ensuring EE
and SE parts are clearly identified and split in the spec.