[cdi-dev] Async events. We need ideas to improve CDI-499

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Mon Feb 2 09:43:57 EST 2015

Hi all,

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-499 <https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-499> comes after a lot of discussion about async events.

I think the solution exposed here is quite satisfying, yet the idea to need to activate async behaviour on the observer side doesn’t please a lot of us. It’ll be confusing for users to have to activate async from the firing end and consuming end to see it work :-(.

I’d like to see alternative proposal to have this new feature as user friendly as possible and keep the retro-compatibility aspect.  We should find a better solution on our next meeting on wednesday.

Antoine