[cdi-dev] Accelerate decision process and PR adoption / rejection

Antoine Sabot-Durand antoine at sabot-durand.net
Tue May 3 09:44:14 EDT 2016

Hi guys,

As you know we plan to release CDI 2.0 before the end of January. It let's
us around 6 months to complete the spec.

I think we really should find a way to enhance our focus on reviewing
proposal and code.
Adding special Hangout meetings proved itself a good solution to go that
way, but I think we should also work on rules adoption for PR.

So I propose that:
- PR should stay open at least one week.
- It could be merged (after at least a week) if 4 EG members votes for it
(+1 on the PR).
- As no one is error proof if someone has an objection to a PR to be merged
he could raise his concern and justify his objection.
- The following discussion should lead either to a revision of the PR or a
+1 from the objector
- If no agreement is reached, to avoid blocage a vote will be called on
this ML to adopt or reject the PR.

I'm not a big fan of over processed team work, but we really have to
deliver.
For the moment I think we can avoid having too much process on ticket
choice (we don't have enough contributors to go that way)

Wdyt ?

Antoine