[cdi-dev] Multiple Java SE Containers

Markus KARG markus at headcrashing.eu
Mon Sep 3 06:39:41 EDT 2018

Thanks! See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/CDI-735 :-)
-Markus

-----Original Message-----
From: Matej Novotny [mailto:manovotn at redhat.com]
Sent: Montag, 3. September 2018 10:36
To: Markus KARG
Cc: cdi-dev at lists.jboss.org
Subject: Re: [cdi-dev] Multiple Java SE Containers

Hi,

I would say that it basically means it is up to implementation.

For instance in Weld you can start new SE container with some ID which helps determine which SE container are you referring to.
CDI API is very bare in this regard and doesn't allow for such approach.
I vaguely recall some EG discussions about it being unclear whether multiple SE containers are actually a valid/sought after use case.
So the wording ended up like this and implementations can do as they please for now.

If you have a use case I think it would be good to raise a JIRA ticket and ask for clarification/expansion of API in this regard.

Matej