[forge-dev] Consolidating the Plugin Repositories

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 17:13:47 EDT 2011

Hey Paul,

We already have plugin search capabilities in the forge plugin. Basically I
don't think we really need the XML repo because it's so close in
functionality to what's already there. I do want to keep the idea of
plugin-groups, but maybe tags is the answer there. Just let people provide
tags that are searchable along with name and description.

Try this out in Forge and you will see what I mean: (You may want to update
and build a new snapshot.)

$ forge find-plugin *
$ forge find-plugin seam

:)

Thoughts?
~Lincoln

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker.nl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Lincoln,
>
> Yes that would be a good improvement.
> I think it's also good if we put the plugin browsing functionallity in the
> forge plugin because now it feels a bit out of place (not sure if you wanted
> to do that too). I will rewrite the code in the plugin-repo to use this.
>
> What library do we use for yaml parsing?
>
> Paul
>

> On Jul 18, 2011, at 10:11 PM, Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>
> Hey Paul,
>
> It seems like we have two orthogonal plugin repositories. I'd like to start
> using GitHub (have already started) to host the repository for easy
> adds/updates/etc.
>
> Do you think your plugin groups can be incorporated into what we've got
> going on here?
> https://raw.github.com/forge/plugin-repository/master/repository.yaml
>
> This is where the code lives for the search and installation (you've
> probably already seen it.)
>
> https://github.com/forge/core/blob/master/shell/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/shell/plugins/builtin/ForgePlugin.java
>
> --
> Lincoln Baxter, III