[forge-dev] rest refactoring

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 15:09:28 EST 2012

Yep! Glad to be back, though :)

I think it might be a good idea to watch the performance of this operation,
though. It could get expensive for large projects, so it might be a good
idea to only do this check when necessary, and store the result in forge
project scoped config. We are becoming an IDE :)

Will be complicated I think, or slow...

~Lincoln

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker at luminis.eu>wrote:

>  Hi!  Had a good time?
> The new API looks really good to use here, didn't know we could do that… I
> wasn't too happy with using configuration for this, because it will break
> on refactoring, so it's much better is we can do it this way. I will look
> into it to use it.
>
>  Paul
>

>  On Feb 27, 2012, at 17:09 , Lincoln Baxter, III wrote:
>
> Hey Paul!
>
> Back from Vaca.
>
> My first thought here is that this is excellent use of the Configuration
> API, but I think currently the way this is written, it depends on the
> Configuration in order to recognize the fact that there is an application
> class serving as a REST activator?
>
> We could use the JavaParser TreeVisiting API that was just introduced, in
> order to search project sources and make this determination.
>

> https://github.com/forge/core/blob/master/shell-api/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/project/facets/JavaSourceFacet.java#L165
>
> Thoughts?
> ~Lincoln
>
> On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 5:48 PM, Paul Bakker <paul.bakker at luminis.eu>wrote:
>
>> Hi Lincoln,
>>
>> I made some progress on refactoring the rest stuff, plus I added the
>> option to use an Application class instead of web.xml. Because it changed
>> quite a lot and this is the first time we use the idea of having "nested"
>> facets it would probably be good if you review before I merge to master.
>>

>> https://github.com/forge/core/commit/ec0275a821c6bb3ccf690b55d66816073ba0c328
>>
>> Let me know what you think :-)
>>
>> Paul
>>

> --