[forge-dev] POH5 runtime generation

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 14:13:13 EST 2012

Hey Thomas,

Just FYI. If I am not mistaken, you are probably attempting to access the
MVEL CompiledTemplate in order to access the textual representation of the
template itself?

If that is the case, what you should do instead is:

InputStream templateStream =
template.getSourceTemplateResource().getInputStream();
String templateContents = Streams.toString(templateStream);

I know this is somewhat more verbose, but it will work, and does not access
implementation details of Seam Render (which are, I might add, my mistake
for revealing in the API.)

I hope this helps,
~Lincoln

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Thomas Frühbeck <fruehbeck at aon.at> wrote:

> I'm not absolutely sure, but it seems your are going to end up at the
> same point where I am now.
> See   http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/forge-dev/2012-February/001572.html
>
> I took the code from the faces scaffold and wanted to extend it in a
> separate plugin.
> What I see is that the tests work fine but at runtime different
> classloader restrictions apply.
>
> I think Lincoln is right
> Am 27.02.2012 17:01, schrieb Lincoln Baxter, III:
> > Actually I think that perhaps the best solution is actuallly just to
> > expose MVEL as a dependency to plugins that request it. This would be
> > the simplest solution IMO, and would only request code-changes in the
> > Forge plugin installer:
>
> Perhaps it makes sense to get this fixed before "repairing" a working
> plugin?
>
> Thomas

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com