[forge-dev] Fully qualified classes within annotations?

Richard Kennard richard at kennardconsulting.com
Thu Jan 12 23:46:20 EST 2012

Lincoln,

As you may recall, the new 'static Metawidget' scaffolding tries to reuse Inspectors between the runtime/static worlds. To do this, it needs to reify the
annotations from org.jboss.forge.parser.java.Annotations into 'proper' java.lang.annotation.Annotations.

This is mostly working, but I am struggling with reifying two things:

1. If the annotation's value is a Class
2. If the annotation's value is another annotation

The problem is the same in both cases - I am lacking the qualified name of the class/annotation. If they user enters:

     @MyAnnotation( Column.class )

Then I need to know that it's actually a javax.persistence.Column.class. This is a bit beyond me! I have left a couple of TODOs in ForgePropertyStyle and
in ForgePropertyStyleTest. Could you take a look?

Regards,

Richard.