[forge-dev] System-Scoped Dependency in Plugin

Ryan Bradley rbradley at redhat.com
Fri Jan 20 12:25:05 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to package the org.jvnet:inflector:0.7.0 JAR with a Forge
plugin that I am developing.  So that it is available to all users of
the plugin, I have added it to a folder (src/main/resources/lib) of the
plugin, and added it to the plugin's POM with the following
system-scoped dependency:

<dependency>
<groupId>org.jvnet</groupId>
<artifactId>inflector</artifactId>
<version>0.7.0</artifactId>
<scope>system</scope>
<systemPath>${project.basedir}/src/main/resources/lib/inflector-0.7.0.jar</systemPath>
</dependency>

However, when I build the plugin with this dependency, the JAR is not
added to the plugin module's dependencies, and is thus not available at
run-time, as I needed it to be.  Are there any suggestions as to how I
can package this dependency with my plugin and include it as a
dependency at run-time, without compromising the usability of the plugin?

Thanks,
Ryan