[forge-dev] System-Scoped Dependency in Plugin

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 12:38:09 EST 2012

Actually, the best thing to do here is probably to add that dependency to
the JBoss Nexus itself so that you don't need to do this kind of packaging.

I should have thought of that earlier. Before we do that, however, are you
sure this artifact is not available in any repositories?

~Lincoln

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Ryan Bradley <rbradley at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to package the org.jvnet:inflector:0.7.0 JAR with a Forge
> plugin that I am developing.  So that it is available to all users of
> the plugin, I have added it to a folder (src/main/resources/lib) of the
> plugin, and added it to the plugin's POM with the following
> system-scoped dependency:
>
> <dependency>
> <groupId>org.jvnet</groupId>
> <artifactId>inflector</artifactId>
> <version>0.7.0</artifactId>
> <scope>system</scope>
>
> <systemPath>${project.basedir}/src/main/resources/lib/inflector-0.7.0.jar</systemPath>
> </dependency>
>
> However, when I build the plugin with this dependency, the JAR is not
> added to the plugin module's dependencies, and is thus not available at
> run-time, as I needed it to be.  Are there any suggestions as to how I
> can package this dependency with my plugin and include it as a
> dependency at run-time, without compromising the usability of the plugin?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

http://ocpsoft.com
http://scrumshark.com