[forge-dev] What to do about our little Windows joke...?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 16:05:01 EDT 2012

Jevgeni, your main objections seems to be about the frequency of the joke
as well. Any joke repeated over and over becomes annoying, so at the very
least if we reduced it to a single "easter egg" (first run) then it won't
be a constant irritant for those who don't find it funny.

IMO, the 90% Windows usage doesn't really change the purpose of the joke.
The Windows command line is just bizarre. There are tons of other options
Windows users have to use a real terminal, such as cygwin, Gow or a virtual
machine. Honestly, I still don't understand why people use the Windows
command line. But, that's just my opinion :)

-Dan

Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597

http://google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen