[forge-dev] Meeting minutes - 2012/07/25

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 11:04:08 EDT 2012

Meeting ended Wed Jul 25 15:01:45 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at
http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot . (v 0.1.4)
Minutes:
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2012/forge.2012-07-25-14.04.html
Minutes (text):
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2012/forge.2012-07-25-14.04.txt
Log:
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2012/forge.2012-07-25-14.04.log.html

==============
#forge Meeting
==============

Meeting started by lincolnthree at 14:04:00 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://transcripts.jboss.org/meeting/irc.freenode.org/forge/2012/forge.2012-07-25-14.04.log.html

Meeting summary
---------------
* Agenda  (lincolnthree, 14:04:24)
  * Big, world-changing news.  (lincolnthree, 14:05:11)
  * SpringScaffold is done...finally  (rbradley, 14:05:43)
  * JBoss Forge is running on Weld 2.0.0.Alpha3 with minor changes and
    Arquillian was upgraded to the latest version  (gastaldi, 14:06:26)
  * I finally moved in to my place :)  (gastaldi, 14:06:56)
  * can we ship alpha libraries?  (koentsje, 14:07:51)
  * gastaldi will discuss with the weld team about the weld bugs found
    during Forge migration  (gastaldi, 14:09:13)

* Big, world-changing news.  (lincolnthree, 14:09:22)
  * deploy with: "awestruct —deploy -P production"  (lincolnthree,
    14:13:09)
  * http://forge.jboss.org is live!  (lincolnthree, 14:14:49)

* SpringScaffold is done…finally!  (lincolnthree, 14:17:57)
  * Spring MVC scaffold is located at:
    https://github.com/forge/plugin-spring-mvc  (lincolnthree, 14:29:27)

* JBoss Forge is running on Weld 2.0.0.Alpha3 with minor changes and
  Arquillian was upgraded to the latest version  (lincolnthree,
  14:29:39)
  * Alpha libraries are OK, but weld might not be ready  (lincolnthree,
    14:50:12)
  * no performance gain seen after upgrading to weld 2  (lincolnthree,
    14:50:31)
  * We should reconsider whether Solder should be still used on Forge
    (gastaldi, 14:50:45)
  * LINK:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HW236BMnN7FvA0rxQnSOw3biMvvvgxrgFuD2a1IcE8/edit
    (lincolnthree, 14:50:46)
  * Solder should be removed from Forge in the near future  (gastaldi,
    14:51:11)

  * ACTION: gastaldi will remove Solder from Forge in the near future
    (gastaldi, 14:53:29)
  * ACTION: everyone go to http://forge.jboss.org/ and see if stuff
    needs to be updated! - send pull requests to
    http://github.com/forge/forge.github.com !!!  (lincolnthree,
    14:59:59)
  * ACTION: ivannov will try to find some time before my vacation to
    merge the latest content from the wiki  (gastaldi, 15:00:05)

Meeting ended at 15:01:45 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* gastaldi will remove solder from Forge in near future? :)
* gastaldi will remove Solder from Forge in the near future
* everyone go to http://forge.jboss.org/ and see if stuff needs to be
  updated! - send pull requests to
  http://github.com/forge/forge.github.com !!!
* ivannov will try to find some time before my vacation to merge the
  latest content from the wiki

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* gastaldi
  * gastaldi will remove solder from Forge in near future? :)
  * gastaldi will remove Solder from Forge in the near future
* ivannov
  * ivannov will try to find some time before my vacation to merge the
    latest content from the wiki
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * everyone go to http://forge.jboss.org/ and see if stuff needs to be
    updated! - send pull requests to