[forge-dev] Windows usage

Rodney Russ rruss at redhat.com
Thu Jul 26 17:20:05 EDT 2012

Hey all,

I was looking at usage statistics for JBoss Tools and thought I'd share that data here as I would assume there is a strong correlation with Forge users.  This data is based on 6+ million pings per year for the last couple of years.  Within that data, this breakdown has been fairly consistent:

Windows 84%
Linux   12%
OSX      4%

Given the dominance of Windows, I would think it makes sense from a developer experience perspective to ensure that Windows is supported well.  Just a data driven idea that I thought I'd pass along.  :)

Enjoy,
Rodney