[forge-dev] Running/Building on Windows

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 05:23:44 EDT 2012

Hi!

My opinion on this (unfortunately didn't have the time to express it in the
other thread):

OK, we'll fix the test. But thus we'll just close our eyes. Here is why.

An entity generated by Forge looks on Windows like this:

package com.test.entity;
// Some imports go here
// below is the last import, and not only
import java.lang.Override;@Entity public class Employee implements
java.io.Serializable {

Do you see how everything is on one line? It's ugly. And I believe that
this happens just on Windows. And I think that the test makes sure that
this is avoided.

So if we "fix" the test to just pass, we'll keep living with this.

Regards,
Ivan

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 6:20 AM, Lincoln Baxter, III <
lincolnbaxter at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, we should definitely resolve this. I think by fixing the test case.
>

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Ivan St. Ivanov <ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Koen,
>>
>> You are not alone. :-(
>>
>> You may check this recent discussion:
>> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/forge-dev/2012-March/001705.html
>>
>> Do you have the same problem?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan
>>
>> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Koen Aers <koen.aers at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Some of you probably think: 'Here we go again' ;-)
>>>
>>> While working on FORGE-489 I had to extensively test on Windows as I had
>>> to modify the startup scripts. I tested on Windows XP and Windows 7 and
>>> found that, while Forge builds fine if the tests are skipped, doing 'mvn
>>> clean install' fails while running the tests for the Parser/Java module in
>>> both cases. Is this a known issue that I somehow missed?
>>>
>>> I also encountered some glitches while running on both those platforms.
>>> I found that tab completion not always seems to work and that commands
>>> sometimes are echoed. Anyone has the same experiences?
>>>
>>> Unless somebody tells me that I've overlooked something, I will file the
>>> JIRA's with some more details tomorrow...
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Koen