[forge-dev] GSoC 2012!

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:00:33 EDT 2012

Hi Jevgeni,

Thanks for letting me know about your vacation. Have fun! I've copied the
dev list, because this should be discussed openly among all the community :)

Answers in line:

What methods should the GitFacet implement (or at least provide stubs for)
> for the FORGE-183 to get accepted?

I'll answer this with another question: "what is the minimal set of Git
operations that will make it useful?" We can always expand later. So I'd
suggest starting with the bare minimum.

Should GitUtils be a part of FORGE-183 as well?

Not sure what you mean? If you need to make changes to GitUtils to
implement FORGE-183, then sure, that's fine.

What methods should I add in there (everything from Git)?

Start with the basics. I recommend starting with what you think is
necessary to implement the UNDO features :)

> In the mailing list I identified 5 methods. Can I use GitUtils class which
> is already present in the project? (
>
> https://github.com/forge/core/blob/master/git-tools/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/git/GitUtils.java
> )

Yes, that would be my suggestion.

If I add all the methods needed for the undo plugin (about 15),
> wouldn't it be a pretty big commit for a single JIRA issue?

Size of commit is not really important as long as the JIRA issue is clear.
If you think the Issue is too vague, then feel free to split it into
several issues. Do you have permissions to edit and create JIRA issues? If
not, let me know and I will grant it to you.

Thanks~! Good questions! Always ask :)
Lincoln