[forge-dev] Forge License

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Sun May 27 09:25:11 EDT 2012

+1 from me too. After having a short review of the differences EPL seems
to be the most suitable.
IMHO any proprietary plugin built on Forge automatically fosters the
quality of the core - the best plugin will be useless on an instable
foundation. APL seems to be too permissive as this backlash is not
enforced, allowing kind of "we have the stable Forge" parallel
development. GPL V2 may be ok too but incompatible with EPL/APL, V3
seems to be too political.

If technical excellency is the primary goal, then I would go for EPL.

Thomas

Sent from my good old Linux 3.1.10-1.9 desktop down in the cellars where
I am allowed to do the real stuff ;-)