[forge-dev] Non-resolvable parent POM error for artifact in local Nexus repository

Oliver Mannion o.mannion at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:20:54 EDT 2012

Hi,

It appears that forge is not using any repositories I have specified in my
maven conf\settings.xml.

If I:
* create a new project:  new-project --named forge-test-parent-pom-in-repo
* modify forge-test-parent-pom-in-repo/pom.xml and add a parent POM that
exists in my local work repo:

<parent>
<artifactId>my-parent-from-local-repo</artifactId>
<groupId>test</groupId>
<version>1.0.0</version>
</parent>

* then run forge in forge-test-parent-pom-in-repo/ I get:

[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact
test:my-parent-from-local-repo:pom:1.0.0 in JBOSS_NEXUS (
http://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public) and
'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 5, column 12

Running mvn package succeeds.

If I modify forge-test-parent-pom-in-repo/pom.xml add replace the
JBOSS_NEXUS repository with my local work repo then it works.
However I expect forge to use the repos I have specified in maven
conf\settings.xml, just as mvn package does.

Regards,

Oliver