[forge-dev] Forge 2.0 and OSGi

Ivan St. Ivanov ivan.st.ivanov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:53:42 EDT 2012

Hi Max,

About your "server" question in the last sentence. If you refer to my post,
I was trying to make an analogy:

server <-> applications == Forge core <-> Forge plugins

Please, let us not go to p2, tycho and Equinox? :-)

I think that the most unobtrusive OSGi for Forge would be the bnd stuff
described by Paul. However, I am not sure how does bnd restrict the number
of exported packages by a plugin. If it exports everything, then why do we
use OSGi at all?

Cheers,
Ivan