[forge-dev] Forge2 eclipse plugin

forge-dev at lists.jboss.org forge-dev at lists.jboss.org
Sat Aug 16 19:34:01 EDT 2014

I was quite surprised to hear that the forge team has chosen not to support eclipse kepler.
There are probably other java developers like me who do not automatically change their tools to the latest version just because a new version has come out.

Does the forge team choose to only work for the "Early Adopters" ?

I have been trying for months to get Forge 2 working with the command line version - and I'm simply unable to generate entities from my MySQL database.  I guess that's why there are no examples of the jpa-generate-entities-from-tables command ...... it just does not work.

I posted my problem on the forge forum but I and Ondrej Zizka (/people/ozizka) seem to be the only developers even trying to use forge within the last month.

Forcing developers to change to a new eclipse is a good way to drive them away from using your tool.  I've been a real fan of Forge for years but I'm at the end of my patience with forge 2.

Posted by forums
Original post: https://community.jboss.org/message/884714#884714