[forge-dev] Building Forge with Java 8

Vineet Reynolds Pereira vpereira at redhat.com
Wed Nov 26 04:55:04 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

I believe this is a known bug in OpenJDK (link anyone?) and it has broken other project builds as well.
It is unfixed as of 8u25 (tested it yesterday), so we're using older versions of JDK to build Forge.

And the POMs should not be fixed; that would be the wrong way to go about it (see George's comment in the JIRA).