[forge-users] problems loading plugins / CME

Thomas Frühbeck fruehbeck at aon.at
Tue Jan 17 17:42:36 EST 2012

Hi,

when I tried to load plugins I downloaded from github and compiled by
"forge source-plugin" I could not load them.
I found that the API-version string of the plugins did not contain
"SNAPSHOT" and a ConcurrentModificationException was thrown in Bootstrap
class.

So I (pragmatically though) changed the lines starting from 174+ to:

thomas at happy:~/java/git/forge> git difftool -y -t ctxdiff
shell/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/shell/Bootstrap.java
26a27
 > import java.util.Iterator;
173,179c174,181
<             for (PluginEntry pluginEntry : incompatible) {
<                if (pluginEntry.getApiVersion().contains("SNAPSHOT"))
<                {
<                   toLoad.add(pluginEntry);
<                   incompatible.remove(pluginEntry);
<                }
<             }
---
 >              Iterator<PluginEntry> incompIter = incompatible.iterator();
 >              while (incompIter.hasNext()) {
 >                  PluginEntry pluginEntry = incompIter.next();
 >                  if (pluginEntry.getApiVersion().contains("SNAPSHOT")
|| pluginEntry.getSlot().contains("SNAPSHOT")) {
 >                      toLoad.add(pluginEntry);
 >                      incompIter.remove();
 >                  }
 >              }

Silly?
How should "forge source-plugin" work with plugins coming from HEAD?

Comments appreciated,
Thomas