[forge-users] problems loading plugins / CME

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 22:58:39 EST 2012

Hey there,

You're not crazy. There were actually a few bugs in Beta5 that caused this
issue:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE-423

So until CR1 comes out, you can just get a SNAPSHOT of forge and it should
work from the HEAD of plugins.

Does this answer your question?
~Lincoln

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:42 PM, Thomas Frühbeck <fruehbeck at aon.at> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> when I tried to load plugins I downloaded from github and compiled by
> "forge source-plugin" I could not load them.
> I found that the API-version string of the plugins did not contain
> "SNAPSHOT" and a ConcurrentModificationException was thrown in Bootstrap
> class.
>
> So I (pragmatically though) changed the lines starting from 174+ to:
>
>  thomas at happy:~/java/git/forge> git difftool -y -t ctxdiff
> shell/src/main/java/org/jboss/forge/shell/Bootstrap.java
> 26a27
> > import java.util.Iterator;
> 173,179c174,181
> <             for (PluginEntry pluginEntry : incompatible) {
> <                if (pluginEntry.getApiVersion().contains("SNAPSHOT"))
> <                {
> <                   toLoad.add(pluginEntry);
> <                   incompatible.remove(pluginEntry);
> <                }
> <             }
> ---
> >              Iterator<PluginEntry> incompIter = incompatible.iterator();
> >              while (incompIter.hasNext()) {
> >                  PluginEntry pluginEntry = incompIter.next();
> >                  if (pluginEntry.getApiVersion().contains("SNAPSHOT") ||
> pluginEntry.getSlot().contains("SNAPSHOT")) {
> >                      toLoad.add(pluginEntry);
> >                      incompIter.remove();
> >                  }
> >              }
>
> Silly?
> How should "forge source-plugin" work with plugins coming from HEAD?
>
> Comments appreciated,
> Thomas

Lincoln Baxter, III
http://ocpsoft.com