[forge-users] Furnace Class Loading Issue

forge-users at lists.jboss.org forge-users at lists.jboss.org
Tue Dec 16 14:43:17 EST 2014

Wouldn't including the spring API jar into the /lib directory of the plugin completely defeat the purpose of using forge/furance in the first place? I thought the point was so that I would not have to load all these dependency jars into the lib of the plugin. But maybe I am missing something.

What i was doing before was just placing windup and all of its dependency jars directly in the lib directory of the runtime plugin and everything worked. I thought by using forge/furance I would not have to do that any more and they could all be managed in the addon by forge.

If I start putting all the dependency Jars in the lib directory of the plugin then what benefit am I getting from the use of Forge/Furnace?

Or maybe I am just totally confused {emoticon:class=jive_macro jive_emote|src=https://static.jboss.org/developer/6.0.3.60ddddd/images/emoticons/happy.png|__jive_emoticon_name=happy}

Posted by forums
Original post: https://developer.jboss.org/message/913802#913802